You will learn techniques to assess and intervene with psychosexual problems experienced by individuals and couples around general health issues and sexual health issues specifically.
Become familiar with the operating constructs of medical culture and critical elements involved in a successful collaborative relationship with a medical provider.
This 3-hour online course will emphasize a medical perspective using the biopsychosocial-spiritual-sexual model of health and illness.
Topics covered include:
- The #1 reason MD’s hate to refer to psychotherapists
- The #1 task you can do to guarantee you will get return referrals from doctors
- Why doctors are often directive about their patients and how to understand their perspective and pressures
- When to call a doctor about a client and why
- How and when to talk to a doctor
- How and when to craft a note to a doctor
- How to market to physician groups to increase the chance of receiving referrals
Recommended reading prior to the course: Medical Family Therapy and Integrated Care – 2nd Edition by Susan McDaniel, et al.
Required for NWIoI CIIP candidates, except those with the basic 3-hour training in medical family therapy.
3 – AASECT CEU’s available