Become familiar with the operating constructs of medical culture and critical elements involved in a successful collaborative relationship with a medical provider.
This 3-hour online course will emphasize a medical perspective using the biopsychosocial-spiritual-sexual model of health and illness.
Topics covered include:
- The #1 reason MD’s hate to refer to psychotherapists
- The #1 task you can do to guarantee you will get return referrals from doctors
- Why doctors are often directive about their patients and how to understand their perspective and pressures
- When to call a doctor about a client and why
- How and when to talk to a doctor
- How and when to craft a note to a doctor
- How to market to physician groups to increase the chance of receiving referrals
Recommended reading prior to the course: Medical Family Therapy and Integrated Care – 2nd Edition by Susan McDaniel, et al.
Required for NWIoI CIIP candidates, except those with the basic 3-hour training in medical family therapy.
3 – AASECT CEU’s available